Postdoctoral Fellowship in Ultrasound Cavitation and Calibration Lab,
Department of Radiology,
University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, Michigan
Ultrasound Cavitation and Calibration Lab at the University of Michigan is seeking a postdoctoral research fellow to develop ultrasound-based technologies for micron-scale tissue characterization. Broadly, the project will investigate how ultrasound-induced bubbles can be used to probe into viscoelasticity of the surrounding medium. The postdoctoral fellow will benefit from both conducting experiments and applying numerical techniques.
The postdoctoral fellow will be responsible for planning and executing experiments, programming, preparing manuscripts, presenting at conferences, and mentoring students.
- Earned a doctorate in mechanical engineering, electrical engineering, physics, or related fields
- Proficiency with signal processing, and image processing
- Familiarity with bubble dynamics
- Able to undertake benchtop ultrasound experiments as well as programming
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
- Productive publication record
Interested candidates should submit a single pdf file containing the following: 1) cover letter highlighting research interests and qualifications, 2) resume/CV, and 3) list of three references to Dr. Mitra Aliabouzar at email@example.com with subject line POSTDOC.