- Dr. Mitra Aliabouzar's paper "Acoustic droplet vaporization in acoustically-responsive scafffolds: effects of frequency of excitation, volume fraction, and threshold determination method" was accepted for publication in the journal Ultrasound in Medicine and Biology.
- Dr. Xiaoxiao Dong's paper "Controlled delivery of basic fibroblast growth factor (bFGF) using acoustic droplet vaporization stimulates endothelial network formation" was accepted for publication in the journal Acta Biomaterialia.
- Yunhao Zhu's paper "LED-based photoacoustic imaging for monitoring angiogenesis in fibrin scaffolds" was accepted for publication in the journal Tissue Engineering Part C: Methods.
- Welcome Dr. Hai Jin! Dr. Jin is from the Second Affiliated Hospital of South China University of Technology.
- Dr. Xiaofang Lu's paper "Parametric study of acoustic droplet vaporization thresholds and payload release from acoustically-responsive scaffolds" was accepted for publication in the journal Ultrasound in Medicine and Biology.
- Dr. Fabiilli presented works by Dr. Mitra Aliabouzar ("Acoustic droplet vaporization in acoustically responsive scaffolds: A frequency and volume fraction study") and Dr. Xiaoxiao Dong ("Delivery of basic fibroblast growth factor (bFGF) and control of endothelial network formation using acoustic droplet vaporization (ADV)") at the 19th Annual International Symposium on Therapeutic Ultrasound in Barcelona, Spain.
- Dr. Fabiilli's patent "Ultrasound-triggerable agents for tissue engineering" was issued.
- Dr. Xiaoxiao Dong and Dr. Fabiilli attended the 6th International Symposium on Focused Ultrasound in Reston, VA. Dr. Dong presented a poster titled "Control of endothelial network formation via the ultrasound-triggered delivery of basic fibroblast growth factor (bFGF) from acoustically-responsive scaffolds". Dr. Fabiilli gave a talk titled " Non-invasive, spatiotemporal control of transgene expression using hyperthermia generated by high intensity focused ultrasound".
- Dr. Fabiilli gave an invited talk titled "Acoustically-Responsive Scaffolds: A Method for Spatial/Temporal Control in Tissue Engineering" at the Advances in Contrast Ultrasound - International Bubble Conference in Chicago, IL.
- Dr. Mitra Aliabouzar joined the lab as a postdoctoral fellow. Dr. Aliabouzar recently completed a PhD in mechanical engineering from George Washington University. Her advisor was Dr. Kausik Sarkar.
- Dr. Alexander Moncion's recently accepted publication entitled "Sequential payload release from acoustically-responsive scaffolds using focused ultrasound" was highlighted on the Focused Ultrasound Foundation website.